Quote of the Day

Fun and Games!
Kitty

Re: Quote of the Day

Post by Kitty »

Nice one!
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

There is no king who has not had a slave among his ancestors, and no slave who has not had a king among his.
- Helen Keller

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

"You think the only people who are people
Are the people who look and think like you
But if you walk the footsteps of a stranger
You'll learn things you never knew, you never knew" - Disney's Pocohantas, Colors of the Wind
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

Write it on your heart that everyday is the best day in the year. He only is rich who owns the day, and no one owns the day who allows it to be invaded by worry, fret, and anxiety. Finish every day and be done with it. You have done what you could.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

That's one of my favorites. :D I've got it pinned up on my bulletin board (somewhere underneath the clutter. :? )

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

That's a really nice one!

Bumpers

Post by Bumpers »

Believe in me, who believes in you. - not sure where this is from.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I've never heard that one!

donnie

Post by donnie »

It isn’t the burdens of today that drive people mad. It is the regrets over yesterday and the fear of tomorrow. Regret and fear are twin thieves who rob us of today.
- Robert J. Hastings

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

That one is so true! You pick good ones!

donnie

Post by donnie »

I always think about this one when I see the front of the tabloids while waiting in line at the supermarket. :D

The public has an insatiable curiosity to know everything, except that which is worth knowing.
-Oscar Wilde