Quote of the Day

Fun and Games!
dachshundonstilts

Re: Quote of the Day

Post by dachshundonstilts »

donnie wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:25 pm
"As we look for new answers in the modern age, I for one prefer the tried and tested recipes, like speaking well of each other and respecting different points of view; coming together to seek out the common ground; and never losing sight of the bigger picture."
-Queen Elizabeth II
This is the wisdom that's in such short supply today.
"I feel so low, old chap, that I could get on stilts and walk under a dachshund." - Monty, It (1927)

dachshundonstilts

Post by dachshundonstilts »

"We long for what we cannot have, yet desire it not so much because it would benefit us, as because it is beyond our reach."
- L. Frank Baum
"I feel so low, old chap, that I could get on stilts and walk under a dachshund." - Monty, It (1927)

donnie

Post by donnie »

dachshundonstilts wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:46 am
"We long for what we cannot have, yet desire it not so much because it would benefit us, as because it is beyond our reach."
- L. Frank Baum
Ah, yes. So true. The grass is always greener because it's on the other side. :mrgreen:

donnie

Post by donnie »

"If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way."
- Martin Luther King, Jr.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

"All change is hard at first, messy in the middle, and so gorgeous at the end." --- Robin Sharma
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

That's a good one, and encouraging to remember, which I'm going to try to do. :)

And the "hard at first" part made me think of this one:

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."
-Confucius

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

"Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things." --- George Carlin
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

:lol: Yeah, I think that's probably good advice both ways.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

"You've got to get up every morning with a smile on your face and show the world all the love in your heart. Then people gonna treat you better, you're gonna find, yes you will, that you're beautiful as you feel." -- lyrics from Carole King's Beautiful from her album Tapestry

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

"A year from now you may wish you had started today." --- Karen Lamb