New Blog Post!

Fun and Games!
Kitty

Re: New Blog Post!

Post by Kitty »

I'm excited to be able to share this. It's a really good story from Chatterbox 1912.

https://poemsofchildhood.wordpress.com/ ... tmas-tree/
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

Thanks for posting that charming story. Did you notice how unusually long some of the author's sentences are?

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:23 pm
Thanks for posting that charming story. Did you notice how unusually long some of the author's sentences are?
I did!! Sometimes I he to stop and reread the whole sentence again; I've noticed that they don't always use punctuation the way we are used to.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Two simple songs from Songs of Childhood, 1923.
https://poemsofchildhood.wordpress.com/ ... -snow-man/

donnie

Post by donnie »

That's really special, the memory you describe of walking at night and the stillness.

I have some memories of snow days. One time when I was in high school, there was a big snow, and we were out of school. Two friends of mine and I roamed around all day all over town and into the countryside. At one point we stopped at a store, and one of my friends bought some cherry incense. He lit it and walked around with it all day. To this day, when I smell cherry incense, it takes me back to that day of carefree enjoyment. :)

I need to get my guitar (or recorder—I have a new tenor) and sound out those melodies to see what they're like.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I love that memory! Thank you for sharing! If you come up with any others that you want to share, I'd love to hear them. My mom has always told stories of her childhood, and I was the one who always listened intently. haha 🙂

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

dachshundonstilts

Post by dachshundonstilts »

Kitty wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:45 am
https://poemsofchildhood.wordpress.com/ ... s-problem/

A Christmas Problem
Quite a conundrum!
"I feel so low, old chap, that I could get on stilts and walk under a dachshund." - Monty, It (1927)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

https://poemsofchildhood.wordpress.com/ ... -surprise/

A story about dress up and Christmas presents!