New Blog Post!

Fun and Games!
donnie

Re: New Blog Post!

Post by donnie »

I've posted my answers, such as they are.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

https://wordpress.com/post/poemsofchild ... s.com/3836

Fantastic! You did a great job. The answers are now posted! That was the nicest contest they've had so far in this magazine!
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

Ha! The ones I missed were ones I'd never heard of, so I guess I didn't do too badly, considering. I should have seen some, though, like "Robinson."

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

https://poemsofchildhood.wordpress.com/ ... -halliday/

Here is a Chat with the Players, John E. Halliday edition! Not too much information readily available about him, and some of it is incorrect, so this one is a bit short.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

https://poemsofchildhood.wordpress.com/ ... -halliday/
This is updated with his photo, which I neglected to put in the original post. I must have gone momentarily crazy!

donnie

Post by donnie »

I know the feeling—I go momentarily crazy quite regularly. ;) Neither the name nor the photo of this actor looks familiar. I'm sure some of his silents must be extant.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie

Post by donnie »

Great post! And a great day for it here. No, it's not snowing, alas, but it's cold and gray and rainy, and so one of those stay-inside, cozy type of winter days.

Say, reading those things makes me think of Currier and Ives prints. I haven't looked at any of those in quite awhile. My mother used to love them, and had them all over the house when I was growing up. Do you like them?

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I like them. We had a book way back when I was little. No idea what became of it. Probably given away like our huge Britannica collection. You can find them sometimes in antique shops.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »