New Blog Post!

Fun and Games!
donnie

Re: New Blog Post!

Post by donnie »

I like how the "explanation" of the location gradually evolves. And also the abundance of directions the next events could take. :)

This actually reminds me that some of my favorite writing is plotless, slice-of-life, impressions that leave the mind to wonder.

Do some more. :)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:59 pm
I like how the "explanation" of the location gradually evolves. And also the abundance of directions the next events could take. :)

This actually reminds me that some of my favorite writing is plotless, slice-of-life, impressions that leave the mind to wonder.

Do some more. :)
:D Thank you! I will!!
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

https://blog.silentphotoplay.com/2023/0 ... ying-fire/

H. G. Wells' The Undying Fire (1919)

donnie

Post by donnie »

That's an interesting sounding book! I'd no idea H.G. Wells wrote that kind of fiction. It's interesting the way he adapted Job (one of the most interesting and also mysterious of the Old Testament books). I thought that was particularly clever about the conversation with God being taking place in the dream.

I'm glad you enjoyed it, and I hope Miss Garrelson / Qarrelson / Sarrelson / Carrelson did, too. :)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:40 pm
I'm glad you enjoyed it, and I hope Miss Garrelson / Qarrelson / Sarrelson / Carrelson did, too. :)
:lol: I enjoyed the book, but not as much as Dawn O'Hara and definitely more than Madame Liang!! On to my next book!

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie

Post by donnie »

Wow, that's a dark little story isn't it? But as I stated in the comment, I liked your twist on it. :) I hope that's the message the author intended, because it's a good one.

I still think that if there could have been more of a concrete indication of some kind of the difference the boys had made that it would have given more a useful, positive message. Otherwise, it could be seen as just a melodrama for the purpose of evoking sadness for sadness's sake (if that makes any sense).

Do you think it needed something at the end in those terms? At any rate, I liked your emphasis on how important a small kindness can be. You never know how just a simple smile or a friendly word can totally change someone's day—something to always be aware of.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:14 pm
Wow, that's a dark little story isn't it? But as I stated in the comment, I liked your twist on it. :) I hope that's the message the author intended, because it's a good one.

Do you think it needed something at the end in those terms? At any rate, I liked your emphasis on how important a small kindness can be. You never know how just a simple smile or a friendly word can totally change someone's day—something to always be aware of.
Thank you so much for your comments. I think that it would have been a tad more satisfying if the author had added something to the effect of what I stated in my comments on the blog, but I believe that this was the point of the story. The beginning is a plea for the boys in the town, for people to realize that they are not the heartless little urchins that they seem to be at first glance.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »