Miscellaneous Funnies

Fun and Games!
donnie

Re: Miscellaneous Funnies

Post by donnie »

And speaking of phones...must rant! Ever have one of those days where every technological thing that can go wrong does?

I was having breakfast this morning when our power went out. Odd—nice sunny, clear morning, no storms. (I later learned a truck had hit a transformer and knocked out power all over town.) I couldn't get the APC backup unit my computer is on to work the monitor so I couldn't get it shut down properly—I suspect the APC battery is dead. My coffee maker went dead half way through the cycle, and the coffee tasted like tar.

I couldn't watch videos I'd downloaded to my phone because the &8%$#! iPhone app won't play downloaded footage with the wireless off for some strange reason. Haven't figured that one out yet. (Later I tried downloading an alternate media player app. It doesn't work. I emailed tech support. No answer yet.)

Then got to church and the sanctuary was sweltering with no air conditioning. I've got the job of posting the video footage of the service online. Well, afterwards I discovered the camera had malfunctioned and got only 20 minutes worth—and it was our young pastor's last service with us. So I spent all afternoon trying to figure out what went wrong with that.

And then at supper the toaster wouldn't work.

My wife said "reset it." By that point I was frazzled. "I don't know HOW to reset it. And toasters don't HAVE reset buttons anyway!"

Calmly: "The outlet. Push the reset button on the outlet." Oh. :roll:

I'm surprised my computer hasn't crashed while typing this. Rant over. I'll think I'll exhale and go to bed now. :)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Wow!!! You had a long frustrating day! That's too funny about the toaster reset thing.... I've done that multiple times where I'm so frustrated that totally reasonable things that people say make no sense whatsoever. :lol: and that's so sad about the sermon taping. Those things always malfunction at the worst possible times.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

Of course, we men really aren't like this.
Attachments
you never listen to me.jpg
you never listen to me.jpg (71.06 KiB) Viewed 5529 times

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

:lol: that's so awesome lol
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

This is from the December 1912 edition of Motion Picture Story Magazine. This is pretty funny! You'll probably have to enlarge to read the writing; I did. I read all of the answers for every issue which consists of JUST the answers. The reason I love reading them is because there are mentions of so many films, and I search for each one to see if they are in existence. Many are, but as you can imagine, many more are not. Another reason is that the Answers Man has fun with it, and sometimes pokes good-natured fun at the people who write in. If you look at the papers in the second frame, there are 3 that say Flossie C.P. and one that says Flossie. You can tell by reading all these answers that the Answers Man likes Flossie, but kind of gets annoyed at Flossie C.P., who asks many questions and sends in multiple letters a month, and who also asks Biograph questions and others that couldn't be answered. Questions like matrimony and Biograph, and personal addresses were many times written in for, although at the top of each section there is a disclaimer asking not to ask for such things. Flossie C.P. often tried to tell the Answers Man that she was the original Flossie, which the Answers Man knew was not true.
Well, if that long paragraph meant anything to you at all, (and even if it didn't :lol:) I think you will enjoy this funny comic.
Attachments
motionpicturesto04moti_0890.jpg
motionpicturesto04moti_0890.jpg (607.27 KiB) Viewed 5509 times

donnie

Post by donnie »

:lol: That's hilarious. I'll bet those letters aren't too much of an exaggeration. I'm sure they got some not too much better than these. Flossie CP sounds like a nightmare, and I liked the ones from Gotyer Gessin and Ima Peach. :lol:

I think it's great that you search out those films. I see mention of, or ads for, so many that are lost in obscurity and that I wonder about the existence of—sadly suspecting that they long ago crumbled into dust.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

It wasn't an exaggeration at all! That was a spot on illustration. Must have been a very harrowing job, and I wouldn't be surprised if there was more than one "Answers Man" although they often kind of make it sound like there is only one. Who knows! Those pseudonyms are frequent letter senders, too!
Searching out the films can be very rewarding, but it's also a huge amount of work. There are so many mentioned in that section!

donnie

Post by donnie »

There are a number problems here, among them:
- How are they breathing if they are on a moon of Saturn with no atmosphere?
- Why is the woman wearing a lingerie space suit?
- Why are two men fighting each other on an isolated moon?
- How did that rocket land?
:D
Attachments
Space Action Comic Cover.jpg
Space Action Comic Cover.jpg (107.38 KiB) Viewed 5498 times

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Cooookie!
Attachments
Screenshot_20171007-231817~01~01.png
Screenshot_20171007-231817~01~01.png (1.39 MiB) Viewed 5482 times

donnie

Post by donnie »

:lol: