Ever play this? I played just last night.Image
At 4:35 AM! Image Image
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-07-27 at 6.30.25 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-07-27 at 6.30.25 PM.png (587.67 KiB) Viewed 7464 times

Mrs. Danvers

Re: Miscellaneous Funnies

Post by Mrs. Danvers »

Oh yeah, that's rich. I've played that many times over the decades, in fact I am quite sure I am or could be The World Grand Champion in the Diseases I Probably Have catagory. :lol: :cry: :? :shock: :roll:
We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Mostly why did I say/do that. Definitely at 4 am :lol:
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

Yeah, the diseases and why did I say/do are my favorite categories, as well. And after I played awhile, I tried to clear my mind and bore myself back to sleep by naming nouns starting with the letter M. Motorbike, marmalade, marsupial, menace, municipality, melon, mist... It didn't work very well and I was still going after about 400 words until I couldn't think of anymore... oh, well.

Mrs. Danvers

Post by Mrs. Danvers »

I'm pretty good with the other categories, I mean I don't worry much about things, except I have an 89 year old mom who lives by herself and that's a pretty much constant worry, but we live close and do what we can for her.

So anyway if I find myself just lying in bed and my minds starts to wander off into dark places, I get up and start sloshing down coffee and exploring the 'net.

Yeah and who am I kidding: Art, I'll take "Ways in which people have wronged me" for $50. Honestly over the course of my adult life I have had more situations where I've had problems due to the incompetence of other folks. And some rather serious ones, because somebody typed in the wrong letter or number on a form and never bothered to double check anything!
From my experience, especially where I worked, if you can do a half-assed job of anything you are a one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind.

ARGH

donnie

Post by donnie »

Yeah, I'm pretty bad to play that category, too. Though we are told to be forgiving and I always try to be, there's just something about the middle of the night that brings old resentments back out. And then the next day, I wonder, why did I let that make me so angry? :?

donnie

Post by donnie »

In the awful-taste-of-the-60s department: You think there can't be anything gaudier than this room. Until you see the woman's dress. :shock: :lol:
Attachments
d2J-1Ya1uK6l.jpg
d2J-1Ya1uK6l.jpg (114.73 KiB) Viewed 7447 times

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Hey, nothing better than matching the kitchen! :lol:
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Mrs. Danvers

Post by Mrs. Danvers »

It would actually be hard to eat in the atmosphere.

Donnie, I do find with age it's much easier to "let it go". One of the worst things a person can do is still be mad about something that is over and done with.

donnie

Post by donnie »

Mrs. Danvers wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:46 am
Donnie, I do find with age it's much easier to "let it go". One of the worst things a person can do is still be mad about something that is over and done with.
Agreed. One of the worst things you can do is continue to hold grudges when you grow older. My father in law was a wonderful man, Lord rest his soul, but he had had some experiences as a young man in which corrupt businessmen tried to cheat him. He could never let go of that and ruminated over it the rest of his life. So sad.