What Have You Gotten Lately?

Fun and Games!
Kitty

Re: What Have You Gotten Lately?

Post by Kitty » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:56 pm

I found a 1941 silver quarter in the register today! Lucky I had 2 dimes and nickel to trade for it. 😁
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:23 pm

Sounds like you've got the start of a coin collection in the making! :)

Mrs. Danvers

Post by Mrs. Danvers » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:09 pm

Kitty wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:56 pm
I found a 1941 silver quarter in the register today! Lucky I had 2 dimes and nickel to trade for it. 😁
Oh nice find!
When my people come to colonize this planet, your name will be on the protected rolls, and you will come to no harm.
Beldar Conehead

donnie

Post by donnie » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:23 pm

I got a couple of pints of fresh blueberries. The label made me think about you, Jersey girl. :)
Attachments
IMG_1002.JPG
IMG_1002.JPG (1.61 MiB) Viewed 437 times

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:37 pm

Aww! I love that logo. Fun!
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Mrs. Danvers

Post by Mrs. Danvers » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:07 am

We just had blueberry pancakes the other day and have some left for this morning.

Holy cow, our little town had our annual garage sale weekend, called The Backyard Blowout. I spent a lot of time Saturday riding my bike around to sales and only bringing home what would fit on the back of my bike, the last place I went to I had to walk my bike back home with junk piled on it. :lol: We have a bike trailer, for kid, we use it for our dog, but I told one gal I should go home and attach the trailer to my bike, but then I figured I might look like I was homeless, but then maybe I would have got better deals. Well anyway it's been hotter than hades here lately and by mid Saturday afternoon lots of people were giving up the ghost and just shoving their crap, I mean stuff, to the curb and putting free signs out.

OH boy, I brought home a Jenny Lind crib. this exact one from 1972 and I'm going to attempt to do something. See pictures below. I've only got a ton projects going already, what's one more.
jenny_lind_wards102172.jpg
jenny_lind_wards102172.jpg (49.29 KiB) Viewed 435 times
crib2.jpg
crib2.jpg (25.48 KiB) Viewed 435 times
Attachments
img_9048.jpg
img_9048.jpg (74.38 KiB) Viewed 435 times
When my people come to colonize this planet, your name will be on the protected rolls, and you will come to no harm.
Beldar Conehead

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:26 am

That's awesome!! I've never heard that expression, 'giving up the ghost'. Or was that a typo? :lol:

Mrs. Danvers

Post by Mrs. Danvers » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:36 pm

Kitty wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:26 am
That's awesome!! I've never heard that expression, 'giving up the ghost'. Or was that a typo? :lol:
I thought it was a common expression, atleast in my neck of the woods, so I looked to see it's origins and it is English, which makes sense because most of my family was from Great Britain.

I say it to mean something stopped working, or somebody stopped an endeavor, like trying to sell their useless crap to people. :lol:

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/155500.html
Beldar Conehead

donnie

Post by donnie » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:14 pm

Those are really nice looking projects—wouldn't have thought you could do anything with an old crib like that. "Give up the ghost" is a very common expression around here, too. I've heard it all my life.

The use of "ghost" for "spirit" in the King James used to confuse me as child. I would hear references in church to the Holy Ghost, and I would picture Caspar. :lol:

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:17 pm

I'm constantly hearing expressions that are common to others but are new to me.