What Have You Gotten Lately?

Fun and Games!
Kitty

Re: What Have You Gotten Lately?

Post by Kitty »

They're so cute! And they really weren't too much difference in price than if they just came off the line. The whole set for $55.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

:D

Well, today I made my annual purchase of the coming year’s Old Farmer’s Almanac. I always get into almanac mode about this time every fall. I love almanacs, and especially the OFA—always fun to read, and I feel like I’m taking part in history, since it’s been published continuously every year since 1792. :)

I also recently ordered through Abebooks a reproduction of Benjamin Franklin’s Poor Richard’s Almanack, the 1733 edition. I’m most interested to see what that thing really looked like inside. Hoping it will come later this week.
Attachments
$_32.jpg
$_32.jpg (29.55 KiB) Viewed 509 times

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Cool! Tell me if you see anything interesting in it when you get it!
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

BettyLouSpence

Post by BettyLouSpence »

Did you ever get the almanac?
"No, Vico! You'd make a marvelous second husband—but you're too much of a luxury for a poor girl's first venture!" ~ Kitty Flanders in Children of Divorce (1927)

donnie

Post by donnie »

Yes, I did. :) I was surprised by how tiny it is compared to present-day almanacs. It is a slender little thing, about maybe 4 x 6 inches, and not much more than 20 pages; really almost more of a pamphlet. Most of the information inside are tables for each month, very little in the way of additional beyond some practical information. Still interesting to look at, though.

BettyLouSpence

Post by BettyLouSpence »

That sounds really cool.
"No, Vico! You'd make a marvelous second husband—but you're too much of a luxury for a poor girl's first venture!" ~ Kitty Flanders in Children of Divorce (1927)