This is the spot for any questions or help you may need.
dachshundonstilts

Post by dachshundonstilts »

I am having terrible trouble creating an avatar. I keep shrinking and shrinking the image, but can't get it under the preposterous size limit of 6 Kb. Is there any way to raise that limit?
"I feel so low, old chap, that I could get on stilts and walk under a dachshund." - Monty, It (1927)

Kitty

Re: Avatars

Post by Kitty »

I don't know, as of yet. It has to be 90x90, as well.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

dachshundonstilts

Yeah, I got it to 90x90, but the JPG was still 27.7 Kb. When I reduced it to 52x52, it was still over 21 Kb.
"I feel so low, old chap, that I could get on stilts and walk under a dachshund." - Monty, It (1927)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I had a little trouble, too. I ended up using a different picture of Lillian.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Good news!! I fixed it. You should be able to use your original image.

dachshundonstilts

Thank you! :)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

You're welcome. I feel accomplished, lol!

donnie

Post by donnie »

I had to trim mine down a little. The size of the file was ok in kb, but I had to crop and reduce the size down to 150 by 150 pixels. The avatars look good though—they're nice and big, though it takes some getting used to seeing them on the right. :-)

Btw, are there emoticons available?

Edit: I see them now—didn't go to full editor. :lol:
Last edited by donnie on Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I can make the image size bigger. Let me find out about the last one :)

donnie

Post by donnie »

See my edit above.

Wish the dancing banana from the old GS was here. I miss that one. :D