Shelley Duvall Produced Series

A place where all classic TV is reborn.
donnie

Post by donnie »

Kitty wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:23 pm
Are you talking about Faerie Tale Theatre? This year I watched an episode of that, The Boy Who Left Home To Find Out About The Shivers. You should read the Grimm's Fairytale first and then watch it. I loved it so much!
I just watched this. I really enjoyed it! :D And yes, I did read the genuine version first.

Apparently, there were three of these series hosted (and produced, I believe) by Shelley Duvall. The Faerie Tale Theatre was the original, and the series with Sleepy Hollow was a follow-up to that. I'd like to watch some more of these.

Kitty

Faerie Tale Theatre

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:57 pm
Kitty wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:23 pm
Are you talking about Faerie Tale Theatre? This year I watched an episode of that, The Boy Who Left Home To Find Out About The Shivers. You should read the Grimm's Fairytale first and then watch it. I loved it so much!
I just watched this. I really enjoyed it! :D And yes, I did read the genuine version first.

Apparently, there were three of these series hosted (and produced, I believe) by Shelley Duvall. The Faerie Tale Theatre was the original, and the series with Sleepy Hollow was a follow-up to that. I'd like to watch some more of these.
Yay I'm glad you liked it! Weird story, right? But it's great. I'd love to watch more Faerie Tale Theatre, too.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Re: Faerie Tale Theatre

Post by donnie »

I just watched another episode, "The Dancing Princesses". This one was excellently done. :D

The acting was enjoyable and the characters bursting with life and personality. I especially liked Lesley Ann Warren as Jeanetta and Roy Dotrice as the King. And the musical score was particularly beautiful. :he: (It consists of a waltz that kind of runs in different forms throughout.)

Although the plot is
► Show Spoiler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFSiAoYmhAg

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:21 pm
I just watched another episode, "The Dancing Princesses". This one was excellently done. :D
I'll watch this soon! I immediately knew that this had to be an adaptation of the Grimm's fairy tale The Twelve Dancing Princesses. 😄
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Kitty

Re: Shelley Duvall Produced Series

Post by Kitty »

Just watched the Sleepy Hollow adaptation, and I loved it! I laughed out loud at a few things. It's a cool feeling to see all these minor actors. The shows are filled with people that I keep saying "I know that guy!"

And that little boy is Bastian from The Neverending Story!!!

Side note: she actually produced 4 series in all, but the most popular was her Faerie Tale Theatre series.

donnie

Post by donnie »

Kitty wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:05 pm
Just watched the Sleepy Hollow adaptation, and I loved it! I laughed out loud at a few things. It's a cool feeling to see all these minor actors. The shows are filled with people that I keep saying "I know that guy!"
I'm glad you liked it. :D :db: I usually watch this one, or at least some it, around this time of year. It's obviously not really designed to be very scary, but it's just such fun to watch. :)

Speaking of actors turning up, how about Frank Zappa in Shudders? :lol: And wasn't Christopher Lee good in that? He had such a screen presence.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:38 pm
Speaking of actors turning up, how about Frank Zappa in Shudders? :lol: And wasn't Christopher Lee good in that? He had such a screen presence.
Yes!! I think everyone was good in that. The story is so odd and memorable, and it was presented so well and pretty close to the story with a twist. I'm going to watch everything in all 4 series.

donnie

Post by donnie »

Kitty wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:11 pm
The story is so odd and memorable, and it was presented so well and pretty close to the story with a twist.
Yes, I noticed they left out some things and really honed in on the castle part.
Kitty wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:11 pm
I'm going to watch everything in all 4 series.
I will, too. :D I think they’re well-made and a lot of fun to watch.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Oh, by the way I meant to mention that my favorite part in Sleepy Hollow is when
► Show Spoiler

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Kitty wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:12 am
donnie wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:21 pm
I'll watch this soon! I immediately knew that this had to be an adaptation of the Grimm's fairy tale The Twelve Dancing Princesses. 😄
Just watched this. Adorable, especially the ending. It's funny, Loretta looks sooooo familiar, but I went to her IMDb page, and I don't know what I know her from.