Live Better Electrically

A place where all classic TV is reborn.
donnie

Live Better Electrically

Post by donnie »

Here's kind of an odd short featuring the Reagans. I'm not sure what the purpose of this would have been...?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5Lz1C53RwI

Kitty

Re: Live Better Electrically

Post by Kitty »

That's pretty interesting. The daughter is pretty funny. I think it's an advertisement for General Electric, although they don't mention it in this clip.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

Kitty wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:58 pm
I think it's an advertisement for General Electric, although they don't mention it in this clip.
I think you're right—there's another similar video of the Reagans demonstrating their GE lighting setup.

Here's an animated version with quintessential early '60's soundtrack. The more closely you look at this, the more surreal it becomes. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ1_KjEQgo4&feature=emb_logo

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

It's funny how cartoons enjoying the products they sold were actually supposed to prove that their products were great.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

Kitty wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:28 pm
It's funny how cartoons enjoying the products they sold were actually supposed to prove that their products were great.
Yeah, it's not like the characters are going to hate them. :lol: