I Love Lucy

A place where all classic TV is reborn.
AAF34

I Love Lucy

Post by AAF34 »

My favorite older show is I Love Lucy. My mother who is almost 70 just mentioned the other day how she really is getting old because she's enjoying laughing at I Love Lucy reruns. I let her know that's not from getting old because I love the same thing! Lol
Anyone else like I love Lucy?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NPzLBSBzPI
Last edited by AAF34 on Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kitty

Re: I Love Lucy

Post by Kitty »

I do! I love the episode with Harpo Marx and of course Vitameatavegamin! There is also a great episode in the first season without the Mertz and mostly around her and this man who was a vaudeville guy. It was Lucy Plays Cupid. It was the 15th episode of the first season. It was hilarious!!!
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Ooo! Did you know that the boss lady in that episode Job Switching plays Penelope Pelican on Cinnamon Bear?? :lol: 8-) :P
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

AAF34

Post by AAF34 »

No I didn't. That's crazy!

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Crazy Cool! 8-)

Tinahileman

Post by Tinahileman »

Best of the best.

Mrs. Danvers

Post by Mrs. Danvers »

Saying I Love Lucy is an understatement, I can still sit and watch them anytime and often do. My all time favorite and Lucille's Ball's favorite episode is the one with William Holden and Lucy lights her putty nose on fire.

http://dai.ly/x186ijv
We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Yes! When I first saw the William Holden episode, I had never heard of him. Later, when I watched Sunset Boulevard, he became the main player in one of my favorite photoplays!

Mrs. Danvers

Post by Mrs. Danvers »

Kitty wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:53 am
Yes! When I first saw the William Holden episode, I had never heard of him. Later, when I watched Sunset Boulevard, he became the main player in one of my favorite photoplays!
I love William Holden, absolutely love the man. Another great movie of his and Billy Wilder, is Stalag 17, that is a must see for any movie fan. And it has the added bonus of Otto Preminger as one of the lead characters.

Well it's hard to go wrong with any William Holden movie!
We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!

donnie

Post by donnie »

Mrs. Danvers wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:21 am
My all time favorite and Lucille's Ball's favorite episode is the one with William Holden and Lucy lights her putty nose on fire.
That's probably the one funniest scene ever put on television. No matter how many times I've seen it, I can't get my breath.