Johnny Carson

donnie

Re: Johnny Carson

Post by donnie »

That was great! :) Man, I wish that show was still on...

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:56 pm
That was great! :) Man, I wish that show was still on...
I really only like the original run. It had serious class. Something about the reboot lacked something. It must be that the panelists were a great bunch, although some of the original panelists would appear on the second run.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

Oh, I was referring to the Carson show. :D But concerning WML, I agree, the newer ones just weren't nearly as good, even when the same panelists were on. I think John Daly had more to do with it than anything else.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:29 pm
Oh, I was referring to the Carson show. :D But concerning WML, I agree, the newer ones just weren't nearly as good, even when the same panelists were on. I think John Daly had more to do with it than anything else.
I see! Well, usually the ones that I post here are ones I saw on TV. There's a channel called Decades on antenna that shows Carson and I believe that's the channel that Dick Cavett is on, as well.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Here's a delightful interview with Florence Hodges, a 93 year old hospital volunteer.

https://youtu.be/phf7W36_bu8

donnie

Post by donnie »

That was great! :D Thanks for posting.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I'm posting this for the interview of 104 year old Maude Tull. She came on her birthday to appear on the show. The talk before that about the tips on how to know you're about to be fired was fun, too. The interview with Tull starts around the 18 minute mark. https://youtu.be/XeZI3u_voQs

Sidenote: I find the "More To Come" artwork between breaks very cool. Maybe one day I'll find a way to make a blog about the many cards used in his show.

Also a warning in case you want to watch the whole thing - a comment expresses exasperation that the uploader apparently cuts off the last interview of the show. I watched this on tv, so obviously I didn't have that problem.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

https://youtu.be/oPEW52Mchhg
This is a very funny clip of Johnny Carson doing fake PSAs.

donnie

Post by donnie »

:lol: Carson really lost it during that.

donnie

Post by donnie »

I got a kick out of watching this first American TV appearance of Jim Carrey from 1983. That guy is so talented, and really a comedic genius.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ9X2I3X6UQ