Henry Morgan

Kitty

Henry Morgan

Post by Kitty »

Are you familiar with him? I thought he was a bit annoying and pompous at first, but I quickly found that he's pretty funny and witty! I know of him from I've Got A Secret.
Attachments
55a693027026d__henry-morgan-3.jpg
55a693027026d__henry-morgan-3.jpg (23.79 KiB) Viewed 2698 times
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Re: Henry Morgan

Post by donnie »

Yes, I'm very familiar with him. He turned up on several game shows of that era, including What's My Line? He's not one of my favorite panelists. For me the annoying and pompous outweighs the funny and witty. ;)

I remember one episode of What's My Line? where he was being kind of rude to Bennett Cerf during the introductions, and Bennett kind of gave it back to him. I can't remember which one that is.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Sometimes I wonder if those altercations are staged, especially back in those days. It seems like Arlene Francis is annoyed many times with the host, and I think it's done for laughs mostly. I could be quite wrong!
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

Take the time to watch this, if you can. You'll get a kick out of it, despite the poor quality.
2/18/63
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIUx0O6k8S8