Ethel and Albert

A place where all classic TV is reborn.
Kitty

Ethel and Albert

Post by Kitty »

Have you heard of this show?
Someone posted this on the old time radio lovers Facebook page. There are apparently over 700 episodes in the radio series. The commercials are still in this, too! 😍 It's a little silly,
but by the end of the episode you kind of want to watch another!! Ethel and Albert episode entitled The Ancestors.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUmpe6HIBak
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Re: Ethel and Albert

Post by donnie »

I enjoyed that. Oddly, I had never heard of this show. The writing seemed to be good and they had a good rapport with each other.

I love Margaret Hamilton. It's always a pleasure to see her.

Man, I'd love to have one of those Sunbeam Coffee Master electric drip makers in the commercial at the beginning. I've always admired those vacuum type drip pots and wanted to taste some coffee from one. I didn't know they had automatic electric ones.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I'm glad you enjoyed it! There sone other full episode on YouTube as far as I could glance. It's a Christmas episode. Peg Lynch wrote and starred in her own content -- one of if not the first woman to do so. Many episodes exist, but they have not been released to the viewing public as of yet. Additionally, there seems to be more than one radio show that she created. I don't know where to find them or what they're called, though.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

Peg Ryan reminds me of someone else—another actress—but I can’t think who it is. I can picture her so clearly—irritates me that I can’t identify her.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:18 pm
Peg Ryan reminds me of someone else—another actress—but I can’t think who it is. I can picture her so clearly—irritates me that I can’t identify her.
Do you mean Lynch? The lady who runs the club looks very familiar, too, but I don't know who she is.

donnie

Post by donnie »

Yes, Lynch, sorry. Yes, now that you mention it, that lady looks extremely familiar, as well. She looks a lot like Bea Benaderet, though I don't think it is.