Seinfeld

A place where all classic TV is reborn.
Kitty

Seinfeld

Post by Kitty »

There were a lot of funny situations on this "show about nothing". Here is the clip of George's answering machine when he is screening phone calls. It's a parody of Believe It Or Not.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ria37d9mInY
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Re: Seinfeld

Post by donnie »

:lol: That's funny.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

:lol:
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Mrs. Danvers

Post by Mrs. Danvers »

I always loved Seinfeld and still do. And the funny thing is I never really realized how rotten and self absorbed they all were.
George always stood out as being so bad. My God, the episode where he is at a children's party and they think there is a fire and George shoves children and an old lady out of the way so he can flee the apartment.

Anyway the last episode, the 2 parter where they get sent to jail for making fun of a guy instead of helping him, when all the people they did things to over the years show up to air their grievances, what a great time that was!

Seinfeld ranks right up there with I Love Lucy in my book. I can watch them anytime and still laugh.
We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!

VirgilB

Post by VirgilB »

Mrs. Danverse wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:35 am
I Seinfeld and still do. And the funny thing is I never really realized how rotten and self absorbed they all were.
George always stood out as being so bad. My God, the episode where he is at a children's party and they think there is a fire and George shoves children and an old lady out of the way so he can flee the apartment.
Seinfeld if one of my all time favs. I've been having an itch to rewatch it again lately.
Last edited by VirgilB on Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

VirgilB wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:37 am
Seinfeld if one of my all time favs. I've been having an itch to rewatch it again lately.
Hi! Welcome to SilentPhotoplay. Have you watched Curb Your Enthusiasm? It is starred in and created by Larry David. A new season is coming out very soon after a bunch of years of waiting.

dachshundonstilts

Post by dachshundonstilts »

I've always found Jerry Seinfeld very funny as a stand-up comic. Tried his show a few times and never found it amusing, I'm afraid.
"I feel so low, old chap, that I could get on stilts and walk under a dachshund." - Monty, It (1927)

Mrs. Danvers

Post by Mrs. Danvers »

OMG Curb Your Enthusiasm is a HOOT. We both love that show. Oh the last episode of the last season, the one with Michael J Fox and the little boy that Larry gives the sewing machine too. What a side splitter that episode was.

I'd be hard pressed to pick a fav of Curb, the are all brilliant.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I really like the atmosphere of the show. It's lots of fun!

Mrs. Danvers

Post by Mrs. Danvers »

I always like how wonderfully Larry David is able to bring together all the story elements at the end of each episode wrapped up neatly in a bow.

And he is brilliant at taking a somber subject and making it ok to well, just watch...flip-flops..oh the inhumanity!
Curb Your Enthusiasm The Survivor
https://youtu.be/pd4b059yNNo