Three's Company

A place where all classic TV is reborn.
Kitty

Three's Company

Post by Kitty »

I think this was a perfect show! It was actually laugh out loud funny. Another reason it holds up, is that the content isn't politically correct anymore. The whole premise never would cut it in today's world, yet John Ritter will always be Jack Tripper to me. From the Ropers to Mr. Furley, it was just comedy gold. Even though I was sad that the Ropers left, I just love Don Knotts as Mr. Furley. My favorite episode is the one with the misunderstanding. :lol:
Who else loved to watch Three's Company?
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Re: Three's Company

Post by donnie »

I hate to say it, Kitty, but this was actually never one of my favorite shows. :roll: It could be funny at times (didn't watch it all that much), but a lot of times it seemed kind of on the juvenile and silly side, and the characters were mildly irritating. And I thought Don Knotts was a lot better on the Griffith show than here.

But obviously, the majority see it your way, because it was an enormously popular show. And I think it still probably beats most of what is on now.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Of course you're entitled to your opinion, wrong or not :lol: kidding!!! It was silly, and I think if Ritter didn't play Jack, it wouldn't have had the charm. Chrissy was annoying, I admit. I would say Don Knotts was awesome in everything, though.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

Ritter was a good comic actor, and I didn't realize it until later, but he was a superb dramatic actor as well! I remember being surprised when I saw him in some scenes from something, can't remember what, but it was sometime after Three's Company. He also played the minister in some early episodes of The Waltons (maybe miscast in that). I also did not realize until later that he was Tex Ritter's son.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I have never heard of Tex Ritter... who is he? Yes, he was in movies, too. I believe he was was the father in Problem Child. I just love him. The one role I have seen him in that I just didn't like was as JD's dad in Scrubs.

donnie

Post by donnie »

Tex Ritter was a big country and western star back a long time ago. Don't know too much about him myself, but he was a big name, on the Grand Ole Opry, I think. I don't know if a New Jersey gal would know about the Opry? :D

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Ha ha ha. Yes I at least know about the Opry!

AAF34

Post by AAF34 »

I absolutely loved Threes Company!! When i was a kid i wanted to live like that when i was older. I always thought how fun it was to have a boy and girl roommate. Lol I still remember the show which for me is something special since I have memory issues. I can still hear the song playing in my head lol
Glad you brought it up Kitty!!

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

:) :) I always think of the episode of full house where they keep singing the theme song.