Unidentified Theda Bara Segment

Anything and everything silent photoplay!
BettyLouSpence

Unidentified Theda Bara Segment

Post by BettyLouSpence »

Per the videos description:
This was found on an 8mm reel featuring various silent film actresses. This segment is on Theda Bara. The first part of the footage may be a scene from "The Lure of Ambition" (this is not confirmed, just a guess) with the second scene being behind the scenes type of footage of an unknown film. The 8mm film was transferred using a Wolverine Pro 8mm digitizer.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cXCendCga10
I wish my life was a non-stop Hollywood movie show
a fantasy world of celluloid villains and heroes
Because celluloid heroes never feel any pain
and celluloid heroes never really die...

Kitty

Re: Unidentified Theda Bara Segment

Post by Kitty »

This is so cool!
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Re: Unidentified Theda Bara Segment

Post by donnie »

The first part was not that interesting to me, but I loved the behind-the-scenes part!

You know, when you see films of this era, you have the assumption in the back of your mind (or at least I do) of a large group of people assembled in the making of it, as you would see on the set of any movie being made today. Then when you see a behind-the-scenes representation like this, it's a shock to see there were as few as three or four people in the room—the actors, a director, and a cameraman. That handful of people seem so inconsequential compared to the largeness of the film itself. Does that make any sense?

Also, is Theda's hair bobbed here? Or is this one of those long-hair-disguised-as-short styles?