Unidentified Actors

Anything and everything silent photoplay!
BettyLouSpence

Re: Unidentified Actors

Post by BettyLouSpence »

Could Huntingtower (1927) be the Harry Lauder film they were extras in? Maybe one or more of the people in the photo might be Brits.

Other than Huntingtower, Lauder's only other feature length silent is All for the Sake of Mary (1920). The BFI holds the surviving reels.
I wish my life was a non-stop Hollywood movie show
a fantasy world of celluloid villains and heroes
Because celluloid heroes never feel any pain
and celluloid heroes never really die...

James Riley

Post by James Riley »

BettyLouSpence wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:09 pm
Could Huntingtower (1927) be the Harry Lauder film they were extras in? Maybe one or more of the people in the photo might be Brits.

Other than Huntingtower, Lauder's only other feature length silent is All for the Sake of Mary (1920). The BFI holds the surviving reels.
I am not sure about Lauder. I do have an autographed photo to my GM but there is no date on it. You could very well be correct on the Brit thing. My GF spent several years traveling Europe painting/sketching buildings and made some contacts in England. I'm not sure if I would even recognize my GF and GM if I saw them in an old film. My mom said they used to enjoy getting all dressed up with makeup and whatnot, so who knows if they even look like themselves. I do have some photos of him when he was younger, so I might be able to spot him. I'm following up with a library in Ithaca, so maybe I'll get some more leads.

Thanks for the insight! Jim.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

James Riley wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:08 pm
I'm following up with a library in Ithaca, so maybe I'll get some more leads.
If you find anything out, please let us know!
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

James Riley

Post by James Riley »

Will do. Thanks.

donnie

Post by donnie »

I struck out on my query, also. :( Good luck with the library!

James Riley

Post by James Riley »

Thanks for trying, donnie. I move slow but I'll let you know if I find anything. So far, I'm guessing those people were Ithaca locals, working with Wharton Studios from 1914 to 1919 and the photo was take long after. I'll have to get out my Sherlock Holmes hat.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I bought a book today called Ladies Scrap Book (1845) and someone cut out a synopsis of a film out of a newspaper and apparently had been using it as a bookmark. The fragment has partial photos, and this guy looks quite familiar, but I can't figure out who it is. What do you think?
Attachments
IMG_20230102_193736.jpg
IMG_20230102_193736.jpg (1.37 MiB) Viewed 3254 times
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

I don't have a clue, but he does look somehow vaguely familiar.