Silents for Halloween

Anything and everything silent photoplay!
donnie

Re: Silents for Halloween

Post by donnie »

Here would be a good Halloween film—if it existed. :( The Beetle is a lost 1919 British horror film.

The plot: An ancient Egyptian princess transforms herself into a beetle in order to gain revenge on a Member of Parliament.The creature can change its form, appearing as a man, a woman or a beetle.

Sounds intriguing, doesn’t it? :D It’s based on the 1897 novel The Beetle: A Mystery by Richard Marsh, the cover of which is below. I’m half a mind to see if I locate a digital copy and read it.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-10-25 at 8.37.55 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-10-25 at 8.37.55 PM.png (438.89 KiB) Viewed 991 times

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:47 pm
Sounds intriguing, doesn’t it? :D It’s based on the 1897 novel The Beetle: A Mystery by Richard Marsh, the cover of which is below. I’m half a mind to see if I locate a digital copy and read it.
https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/5164

Tell me if you are going to read it. I'll read it with you. That film sounds so interesting, and will be forever left in the era. They'd probably not make a movie like that nowadays.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

Thanks for locating it. :) Sure, I'm game if you are.