Animated Silents

Anything and everything silent photoplay!
Kitty

Animated Silents

Post by Kitty »

I've never heard of Heeza Liar before. This is a silent cartoon called Col. Heeza Liar at the Bat, (1915). The plot is not particularly interesting, but the poem intertitles are cute, and I thought it was interesting that he kept looking at us, the audience, as if we were part of the action. This was put out by Pathe, done by Bray Studios. Tell me what you think!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_NNIwpWf9g&index=1&list=PLH3kk91FHIVCDRQSrOwNcTjxzQ19784r7
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Kitty

Re: Animated Silents

Post by Kitty »

This one is cute, but unfortunately bad quality. We get to see the gist of it, and I like the dog. I wonder if it was just too bright in the room with the live action part?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DFgvqA1eCw
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

This is an odd cartoon, pointless, but of interest because it's a LOT like Felix cartoons. Krazy Kat Goes A-Wooing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMvxJR3HU18

normabanana1800

Post by normabanana1800 »

The Artist's Dream is kinda scary, the scene is at 2:26.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

This is a very clever Krazy Kat silent cartoon! It's from the EYE collection in Amsterdam, but there is only one intertitle, anyway, and you can guess what it means, even without using Google translate. Enjoy this nice silent cartoon from 1927. Stomach Trouble aka An Empty Stomach.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i_rFNdGNLqA

normabanana1800

Interesting! Poor cat, after all he ate nothing.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

The Adventures of Prince Achmed (1926)
This is the oldest surviving feature length animated film. It is well worth the watch, beautiful, mesmerizing. Take the time to watch, and I'd suggest watching with someone to have a shared experience, because, really, this one is great.
P.S. Turn the subs on for this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPqhgEgl10Q&app=desktop

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

normabanana1800 wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:22 am
I know this is a really old post but I wanted to ask you why you thought it was scary.

normabanana1800

Kitty wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 1:37 pm
normabanana1800 wrote:
I know this is a really old post but I wanted to ask you why you thought it was scary.
Sorry, I said the time wrongly.
At 3:22? a dog ate a sausage, then the dog disappeared by a sausage. The scene looked kinda scary.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

normabanana1800 wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 1:06 pm
Kitty wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 1:37 pm
normabanana1800 wrote:
Sorry, I said the time wrongly.
At 3:22? a dog ate a sausage, then the dog disappeared by a sausage. The scene looked kinda scary.
I see what you mean now!! Thank you.