Literature That Glorifies the Photoplay

Anything and everything silent photoplay!
Kitty

Re: Literature That Glorifies the Photoplay

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:18 pm
I wonder what she meant by making a love scene appear "foolish" —?
I think she meant that love scenes often look unnatural and idiotic, but her favorite does a good job in making it look real.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I thought this was an exceptional poem that flows perfectly in the classic way.
Attachments
Selection_014.png
Selection_014.png (162.45 KiB) Viewed 4256 times
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

It's a well-written poem, but I am confused a little by the meaning of the last two stanzas. Is she comparing life to a movie?

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:41 am
Is she comparing life to a movie?
Yes!

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

What a weird one. A little creepy. July 1913.
Attachments
Selection_001.png
Selection_001.png (257.97 KiB) Viewed 4056 times

donnie

Post by donnie »

Hmmm...yes, that's an odd one. At first I just assumed she was playing a merry, innocent prank, but... hmmm.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:12 pm
Hmmm...yes, that's an odd one. At first I just assumed she was playing a merry, innocent prank, but... hmmm.
What's confusing is the thing is called 'her brother'. Is it the boy speaking? How did the 'beau' reach him if he was on the other side?

donnie

Post by donnie »

Ohhhh...you know, I didn't even notice the title. Yes, that does make it stranger. And no, I don't know how he would have reached his hand on the other side. :shock:

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I wonder how the actors and actresses truly felt about reading verses about them from strangers, especially those of this caliber. They literally got thousands of love letters from perfect strangers. Here's one for Earle Williams. The contest that is mentioned on top is another Popular Players Contest, which I'll blog about when I get to the final results issue. :)
Attachments
Selection_004.png
Selection_004.png (457.88 KiB) Viewed 3999 times

donnie

Post by donnie »

:o Dang... Well, I think she's in love. She was actually a pretty good poet, but to pile that much adoration in verse on a celebrity—it seems kind of odd. Yes, I wonder what he thought, if he ever read it. :?: