The Plastic Age (1925)

Anything and everything silent photoplay!
dachshundonstilts

The Plastic Age (1925)

Post by dachshundonstilts »

Here I go posting this again. It's the Paul Whiteman soundtrack I put together a few years ago for this Clara Bow film. It features Gilbert Roland in his first major screen role, as well as uncredited bit parts by Clark Gable (pre-moustache), Janet Gaynor, and Carole Lombard. Also somewhat notably, Donald Keith's parents are played by Mary Alden and Henry B. Walthall, both of whom had appeared ten years earlier in The Birth of a Nation.

Recently I read the Percy Marks novel this film was loosely based on. I can only say "loosely" is an understatement. But both the book and the film are entertaining, on different levels. Only reason I did this soundtrack was that the print I downloaded was silent, but I think it turned out pretty well. :)

(Edit: link removed.)
Last edited by dachshundonstilts on Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I feel so low, old chap, that I could get on stilts and walk under a dachshund." - Monty, It (1927)

Kitty

Re: The Plastic Age (1925)

Post by Kitty »

Awesome! Love it. I will soon watch that, and will soon make a way to embed video :)
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

dachshundonstilts

Well, poop. I just got a notification that YouTube has muted my video due to one of those bogus German copyright claims. But you can download it from here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1puqo1z3vpt1e1g/TPA-omnibus.mp4?dl=0
Last edited by admin on Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

So ridiculous.... I think some of those claims are definitely bogus, as you say.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

dachshundonstilts

There's some company in Germany that claims to own all kinds of music that they really obviously don't, but they still manage to play havoc with a lot of videos.
"I feel so low, old chap, that I could get on stilts and walk under a dachshund." - Monty, It (1927)