Les Paul and Mary Ford

This is the board for Swing, Big Band, Jazz, and other old music.
Kitty

Les Paul and Mary Ford

Post by Kitty »

They were so great together! I hope that Mary was as sweet a person as she portrayed on stage.

https://youtu.be/up17wtSQZO0
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Re: Les Paul and Mary Ford

Post by donnie »

Though I'm familiar with the names, I don't know if I'd ever actually seen or heard them. She had a lovely alto voice. Yes, they did have such good harmony and rapport, as well. And fantastic guitar work. I can see why they were popular. That was very enjoyable—thanks for posting

Kitty

Re: Les Paul and Mary Ford

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:30 pm
That was very enjoyable—thanks for posting
You're welcome! I'm astonished that I never made a thread for them before..... I must have thought about it! Sometimes I hold back from posting all at once so posts are less apt to be missed. I need to make notes for myself! 🤣 :lol:
Anyway, they are one of my favorites. I discovered them when I bought a DVD of The Abbott and Costello show, and they performed two songs. They were How High the Moon and The World Is Waiting For the Sunrise.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)