Looking For A Song - Resolved

This is the board for Swing, Big Band, Jazz, and other old music.
Kitty

Looking For A Song - Resolved

Post by Kitty »

I can't figure out the name of a song. Maybe someone can help me. It's from the 60s I believe, and it tells of story about a man (the singer) who is chasing a lady, but every time he turns a corner, all he finds is a piece of clothing of hers. I used to hear it on the oldies channel I listened to when I was younger in NJ.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

dachshundonstilts

Re: Looking For A Song

Post by dachshundonstilts »

Hmm... can you remember any phrases from the lyrics?
"I feel so low, old chap, that I could get on stilts and walk under a dachshund." - Monty, It (1927)

Kitty

Re: Looking For A Song

Post by Kitty »

I can't, unfortunately. I think it is more of a talking song, maybe a sort of funk sound. What I mean by the talking thing is like the way they say the words in Hot Rod Lincoln.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Kitty

Re: Looking For A Song - Resolved

Post by Kitty »

I finally figured the song out. It's from 1971 and it's called Boom Chick-a Boom by Daddy Dewdrop. Thank you for responding, although I gave a really bad description. :lol:

dachshundonstilts

Re: Looking For A Song - Resolved

Post by dachshundonstilts »

Glad you found it!
"I feel so low, old chap, that I could get on stilts and walk under a dachshund." - Monty, It (1927)