Herman's Hermits

This is the board for Swing, Big Band, Jazz, and other old music.
Kitty

Herman's Hermits

Post by Kitty »

Look, I already knew I liked Herman's Hermits, but watching this video makes me love them. This video made me so insanely happy! :lol: Yes, yes, I know it doesn't take much, but I have a strengthened love of this band due to this clip.

Leaning On A Lamp Post - Herman's Hermits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vZfESePu94
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Re: Herman's Hermits

Post by donnie »

I love the Hermits. :)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Thu May 11, 2017 1:29 pm
I love the Hermits. :)
They were so much fun! and still are, apparently :)
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Listening to the above song right now. ☺️🤣

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie

Post by donnie »

Yes, that's a great one, too. :D

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Lady Barbara. I'm reading a book called Barbara Winslow-Rebel, and this song is always in my head now.

https://youtu.be/OE3T1EgtxHI

donnie

Post by donnie »

That's the first time I've heard that one, though it was apparently one of their major hits, according to Wikipedia. Kind of an unusual song.

I know you've heard this one (was it the deleted one posted above?) Anyway, here it is on the Ed Sullivan Show. Amazing how young Peter Noone looks here. It's impossible to watch this without a smile.

Second verse! Same as the first! :D

I'm Henry the VIII, I Am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFNoDsOmluA

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Herman's Hermits will always be one of my favorites, along with Tommy James and the Shondells. 🙂