Favorite Old Songs

This is the board for Swing, Big Band, Jazz, and other old music.
Kitty

Re: Favorite Old Songs

Post by Kitty »

I've heard that song, but I'd never have been able to tell you the name or sing any part of it except the nobody living inside part! I read the lyrics while I listened. Good one!
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

Kitty wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:38 pm
I've heard that song, but I'd never have been able to tell you the name or sing any part of it except the nobody living inside part! I read the lyrics while I listened. Good one!
Actually I’d never heard it until just recently. I heard it on the loudspeaker in the plumbing department of Lowe’s. :? Oh well... :) So I pulled up Soundhound and identified it.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:23 pm
Kitty wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:38 pm
Actually I’d never heard it until just recently. I heard it on the loudspeaker in the plumbing department of Lowe’s. :? Oh well... :) So I pulled up Soundhound and identified it.
Yes, I'm pretty sure a department store is where I first heard it, too.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

Yeah, I’ve run into a lot of good music in stores. :)

donnie

Post by donnie »

I've had this favorite of mine going through my head today. I'd posted it awhile back, and was going to bump it, but I see the video is gone... So here it is again, the charming Would You Like to Take a Walk? by Annette Hanshaw.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiKzb2WjZek

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Ok, this is some person on YouTube playing this old song I Can't Stop Loving You, but the star of the show is the Chihuahua enjoying the music. I had to share.

https://youtu.be/a6fYwQz2Aao

donnie

Post by donnie »

...or it could be bored and nodding off to sleep. :lol:

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:58 pm
...or it could be bored and nodding off to sleep. :lol:
How DARE you!!! He was so into it. :lol: :lol:

.... You could be right...

donnie

Post by donnie »

Well, how about, he’s enjoying it so much that endorphins are being released, and an endorphin rush makes you sleepy? :)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:14 pm
Well, how about, he’s enjoying it so much that endorphins are being released, and an endorphin rush makes you sleepy? :)
Mayyyybe!