Favorite Old Songs

This is the board for Swing, Big Band, Jazz, and other old music.
Kitty

Re: Favorite Old Songs

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:35 pm
:lol: Yes, this seems familiar. It reminds me of the poem about the two dead boys shooting each other. I think I've posted that, too, at some point.
Yes, I was able to locate that post where you referenced that poem, but it was in regards to something else. 🙂
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

Thanks for the clarification. Things do mix together after awhile. :)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

This is one of my favorite songs ever. Judy Garland singing I May Be Wrong But I Think You're Wonderful.
https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=A9JuYHSPCgM&feature=share
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

That's a great song. Fabulous instrumental arrangement behind her, too.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I like her voice. It's so normal and not high pitched. She always sounds so happy when she sings, too. Also, she still sounds young here. 🙂 Happy days for her.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I just listened to this song for the first time. It's I Wanna Be Evil by Eartha Kitt.
https://youtu.be/SS02GeKuWQ4

Kitty

Re: Favorite Old Time Songs

Post by Kitty »

Kitty wrote:
Mon May 29, 2017 9:13 pm
I love this song. I Thought I Heard Buddy Bolden Say (1939) Jelly Roll Morton.
https://youtu.be/E3Axq14wE8U
Just wanted to bring attention to this one again. I love the feel of it, love that old time jazz/rag feel.

donnie

Post by donnie »

I missed listening to this one earlier. That's classic early jazz, indeed. And some nice sax work by Sidney Bechet in the middle.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I don't think I've posted this here. I love this song! I've had it in my head all evening. Perry Como and Betty Hutton singing Bushel and a Peck.
https://youtu.be/N3p7PKP9lBE

donnie

Post by donnie »

Yes, I like that one too. :) I was familiar with the song, but don’t think I knew it was done by them.

I can’t remember if I’ve posted it before, but my first acquaintance with Betty Hutton was that short of her singing Old Man Mose. Look that one up sometime. The song is really odd, and so is the whole performance. She’s considerably more relaxed in Bushel and a Peck. :D