OTR Commercials

This is the place to talk about anything and everything old time radio.
Kitty

OTR Commercials

Post by Kitty »

I know you all wake up thinking, "I wonder what Kitty's up to today?" So here's your fix. I'm listening to old time radio commercials!

https://archive.org/details/50RadioCommercialsPart1
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

dachshundonstilts

Re: OTR Commercials

Post by dachshundonstilts »

Does this happen to include a Champagne Velvet beer commercial, the kind where they say it's "smyooooooooth"? I've been looking for one of those.
"I feel so low, old chap, that I could get on stilts and walk under a dachshund." - Monty, It (1927)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

dachshundonstilts wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:23 pm
Does this happen to include a Champagne Velvet beer commercial, the kind where they say it's "smyooooooooth"? I've been looking for one of those.
Unfortunately, I don't remember. There is also a part 2 to this. I listened to both, but I can't remember.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

dachshundonstilts

Post by dachshundonstilts »

No worries!
"I feel so low, old chap, that I could get on stilts and walk under a dachshund." - Monty, It (1927)

donnie

Post by donnie »

Kitty wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:53 am
I know you all wake up thinking, "I wonder what Kitty's up to today?"
Now, how did you read my mind? :)

Those are fun to listen to. I noticed the advertisers seem to use one of three techniques—usually slogans or jingles that will stick in the ear, but a few them go into “educational” mode and convince you with a logical explanation. You don’t see much of any of those today—it’s all visual imagery with humor, and not a lot of information, but lots of noise. :? (At least that's my impression—I don't consume too much mainstream media these days.)

Did you notice how the announcer in the PSA it túberculosis instead of tubérulosis?

And don't forget:

Pepsi-cola hits the spot,
Twelve full ounces, that’s a lot,
Twice as much for a nickel, too,
Pepsi-cola is the drink for you!
:D

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:13 pm
...jingles that will stick in the ear....
Such as the Halo commercial! That's one of my all time favorites. I love that it's a full song.
donnie wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:13 pm
Did you notice how the announcer in the PSA it túberculosis instead of tubérulosis?
I did! In fact, it took till the second or third time he said it for me to realize what he was talking about. Did you listen to the second part, too?

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie

Post by donnie »

Kitty wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:12 pm
I did! In fact, it took till the second or third time he said it for me to realize what he was talking about. Did you listen to the second part, too?
No, but I'd like to. Is that the links for them just above, or is still yet some others?

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:10 pm
Kitty wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:12 pm
No, but I'd like to. Is that the links for them just above, or is still yet some others?
https://archive.org/details/50RadioCommercialsPart2

This is the part 2 that I was talking about, and the others are unrelated. I haven't listened to those other two that I posted above yet.

donnie

Post by donnie »

Thanks!