Claudia

This is the place to talk about anything and everything old time radio.
Kitty

Re: Claudia

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:58 pm

I will have to say that it's partly Claudia's fault, though. That was an inexplicably boneheaded move, gloating over the house like that when she saw it.
I think it was very odd of her to do that. The way the house was described, I really thought she was right.... But obviously he wasn't trying to play any kind of trick on her.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Where are you in the series? I haven't listened in about a week, but I'm about to! I'm listening to 133.

A little word of warning - if you're skipping the ads at the end, starting at a few episodes after 100 (I'm not sure which one exactly) don't skip the end ad. I consider that part of the show.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

I've not listened for a couple of days—I think I'm around 91 or 92. I'm about to listen to some now. Thanks for the heads up about the ending.

donnie

Post by donnie »

Mrs. Brown really gets on my nerves. :x Does she not yours? *Every* single sentence that comes out of her mouth is a complaint or criticism. At least David manages a kind word to Claudia every once in awhile. :roll:

donnie

Post by donnie »

Isn't it odd the way they do the audio fadeout thing when changing between speakers in a phone conversation? I guess they were trying to avoid making it sound as if the two persons were in the same room. The first time I heard it, I thought something was wrong with my mp3 or my phone. :)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

It's definitely odd!! They sometimes fade out between scenes, too.

donnie

Post by donnie »

Through 127 (waaaaay behind you, I'm sure).

I'm getting a kick out of Jared Tucker. He is the quintessential crotchety-but-likeable New England Yankee. It's amusing how he still retains such affection and possessiveness for the property though he no longer owns it. It's also amusing how Claudia can twist him around her finger and get him calmed down when he gets perturbed. :)

Claudia is an interesting character. Sometimes she is so (deliberately?) obtuse when it comes to financial or business matters, and can drive David (deliberately?) up the wall when he's trying to concentrate or work on something. And then other times she can be very perceptive.

Also, I've noticed that a lot of episodes lately leave questions unanswered. Example: When Claudia is staying in the service station while the plumber works...did that tire ever get changed or not?? If so, how and by whom? And the tree surgeon episode...did they or did they not decide to use him?

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

You're getting there! I'm on episode 185.

I'm not sure about the tree surgery, but I thought that service station episode was odd! Just close up if you can't even help anyone!

donnie

Post by donnie »

Through 152. One thing I'm confused about—the Peter Listrum person they were going to hire to work the fields—how is David going to repair his fallen-in roof with his skills as an architect?? That kind of confused me—doesn't sound like it's going to work out too well. Is this one of those plot strands that drops by the wayside, or is there more about this later on?

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I'm pretty sure that's never brought up again. :lol: or if it is, it's not a plot point at all.