Wormwood Forest

This is the place to talk about anything and everything old time radio.
Kitty

Wormwood Forest

Post by Kitty »

Wormwood Forest is a cutesy cartoon-like children's radio program. I wasn't sure about it for the first few minutes, but I actually am liking it now! It's only 15 minutes long per episode. It's all about the animals who live in Wormwood Forest.

Suzy Skunk's voice has GOT to be our Fraidy Cat. Some other voices sound very familiar, too, including Frankie the Frog, whose voice I can't put my finger on. I thought maybe it sounded like Goofy, but I still don't know. What do you think?

https://archive.org/details/WormWood_Forest
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Re: Wormwood Forest

Post by donnie »

Pretty neat little show. Suzy with her pocketbook was my favorite—no doubt about her being the same as Fraidy. The voice actor who did Kitty was excellent, as well. Frankie’s voice is distantly similar to Goofy—I guess it could be the same voice actor. The oyster’s voice was exactly what I would think an oyster’s voice would sound like. :D

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

The only complaint I'd have would be his secretary. Her voice is much too low. She is trying to act sexy and sultry, but it is not loud enough for radio.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I've been listening to this show again. I never finished it before. My favorite part is when we visit Suzy Skunk. When she answers the door she always says something funny, and her purse is always full of weird stuff! I'm also loving the parodies of the current songs of the era. I figured out that Franklin sounds like Bullwinkle.