The Cinnamon Bear

This is the place to talk about anything and everything old time radio.
donnie

Re: The Cinnamon Bear

Post by donnie »

Thanks again for posting the text—I like reading along. :D

I was trying to listen and decipher that unintelligible bit in Weary Willie's line. I can't make it out, except it sounds as if it may have "delay" in it.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:30 pm
Thanks again for posting the text—I like reading along. :D

I was trying to listen and decipher that unintelligible bit in Weary Willie's line. I can't make it out, except it sounds as if it may have "delay" in it.
You're welcome. I'm so glad you like reading along!

I am so delighted, because your comment helped me solve the mystery of what he said. He says "Shan't delay a jaunt longer." My goodness, it's so clear now that I can't believe I didn't understand it before. Thank you so much.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

Ah, good listening! I couldn't figure it out. :D

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Judy, Jimmy, and The Cinnamon Bear stumble into Inkaboo territory! Episode 4.
https://poemsofchildhood.wordpress.com/ ... episode-4/
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

My favorite episode. :D I picture the Inkaboos as shaped rather like the playing cards in Alice in Wonderland (those with less pleasant faces).

I think it's funny that the profound message the wise men from all over the realm have tried for years to decipher—is a grocery list. How-wow-wow! :lol:

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Isn't it so silly? I am reading along, too, and good thing. I'm finding minor errors and fixing them along the way. 🙂

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Episode 5, Wesley the Wailing Whale.
🐋
https://poemsofchildhood.wordpress.com/ ... episode-5/

donnie

Post by donnie »

Those inept Inkaboos. :roll:
There are some pretty good details in that episode — three thousand thingamajigs deep, executioners Union local 33 and a third, etc. :lol:

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:42 pm
Those inept Inkaboos. :roll:
There are some pretty good details in that episode — three thousand thingamajigs deep, executioners Union local 33 and a third, etc. :lol:
Yes! I love those little extras all throughout the show. It makes me think and imagine.
That's some character development right there! It's pretty amazing how they could do that even in those short 12 minute episodes. Those little details make me want to write additional stories and adventures surrounding the characters.

donnie

Post by donnie »

Kitty wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:50 pm
Those little details make me want to write additional stories and adventures surrounding the characters.
Yes, there's rich enough source material there for a lot of expansion!