The Cinnamon Bear

This is the place to talk about anything and everything old time radio.
Kitty

The Cinnamon Bear

Post by Kitty »

I can't talk about old time radio without talking of my beloved Cinnamon Bear. Paddy O'Cinnamon is the best friend you can ever have. He's an Irish bear who's only 4 inches high. And is he fee-rocious! Check him out. If you do, believe me, he'll be much obliged to you!
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Re: It's Inevitable....

Post by donnie »

Thank you, Kitty, for posting—and transcribing!—all the episodes. This Christmas was my first time hearing it, and I thought it was absolutely charming. I look forward to hearing it again next year.

Question: Other than Paddy, Judy, and Jimmy, who is / are your favorite characters?

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Oliver Ostrich, Slim Pickins, Captain Taffy, and Presto, with the cool Snagglepuss-like accent!!! I just love them all. I'll say that King Blotto was not my favorite, :lol: and although the Wintergreen Witch is evil, I feel a little bad for the old hag. Fraidy Cat is cute, but irrational. Oh, and Fe Fo brought them to the Goody Goody Grove, so I suppose he should have honorable mention, what with the snacks, and all. Is it Cinnamon Bear season yet?
Ohhhhhhhh and I almost forgot, the Roly-Poly Policeman!
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

Why, be here before you know it! ;)

I think the most interesting ones (though not the most likable) were the Inkaboos. And the Roly-poly Policeman.
Probably the most lovable character was the Fe-Fo.
The funniest - probably professor Whiz.
The weirdest (or rather most out-of-place seeming) - the cowboys.
The most disgusting - the mud people (can't remember their names, offhand) - they kind of reminded me of the apple slinging trees in Oz, though even more sinister. NYAH NYAH

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

The Cocklebur Cowboys remind me of silent photoplay cowboys. Haha.. Nya! They're like gangsters! And professor whiz.... To Whom?

dachshundonstilts

Post by dachshundonstilts »

Kitty, is there a link you can post here? Thanks.
"I feel so low, old chap, that I could get on stilts and walk under a dachshund." - Monty, It (1927)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

GLADLY!! (Link out of date) :lol:

dachshundonstilts

Post by dachshundonstilts »

8-)
"I feel so low, old chap, that I could get on stilts and walk under a dachshund." - Monty, It (1927)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I just wanted to share that I listened to the first episode of The Cinnamon Bear with my dad yesterday, and it made me so happy to share it with him. He liked it! I am 100% confident that anyone who gives this special radio show a chance will love it as much as I do.
Attachments
23626.jpg
23626.jpg (103.62 KiB) Viewed 10156 times

donnie

Post by donnie »

That's nice! I'm glad you could experience that with him. :D I really like the design and colors of that record label.