The Cinnamon Bear

This is the place to talk about anything and everything old time radio.
Kitty

Re: The Cinnamon Bear

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:44 pm
Re Episode 22:

I've probably mentioned it before, but I always get a kick out of Judy's comment, "...next time you’re visiting the world, you just stop at our house, and I’ll have Mother show you how to frost a chocolate cake." :lol:
It makes me wish there were more stories to the cinnamon bear name!
donnie wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:44 pm
The "piano" Paddy is playing is actually a celesta, the instrument Tchaikovsky made famous by his use of it in The Dance of the Sugar-Plum Fairy from The Nutcracker.
That's interesting! I didn't know that. I am sure I've said this before, also, but I'd love a music box with this tune.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

Kitty wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:05 pm
I am sure I've said this before, also, but I'd love a music box with this tune.
Yes, that would sound nice in a music box, wouldn't it?

Another thing, I noticed three expressions, all of which I'm familiar with, but got wondering where they came from. Looking them up, there doesn't seem to be a really definitive answer for any of them: taken to the cleaners, going like sixty, and before you can say Jack Robinson.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:41 pm
Kitty wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:05 pm
I am sure I've said this before, also, but I'd love a music box with this tune.
Yes, that would sound nice in a music box, wouldn't it?

Another thing, I noticed three expressions, all of which I'm familiar with, but got wondering where they came from. Looking them up, there doesn't seem to be a really definitive answer for any of them: taken to the cleaners, going like sixty, and before you can say Jack Robinson.
The one I hadn't heard before out of these three was 'going like sixty'. It took me a little while when I was transcribing to make sure that's really what he said. I'm not hip on sayings such as those, so it was new to me.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie

Post by donnie »

So the silver star is back in place once again. :) I remember when I first listened to this, I figured that when they caught up with the Crazy Quilt Dragon, he'd have some kind of valid reason for having taken it—but he ends up a bad guy through the end. :shock: :)

Merry Christmas Eve!

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:04 pm
So the silver star is back in place once again. :) I remember when I first listened to this, I figured that when they caught up with the Crazy Quilt Dragon, he'd have some kind of valid reason for having taken it—but he ends up a bad guy through the end. :shock: :)

Merry Christmas Eve!
Though I thoroughly love The Cinnamon Bear, I have never really been satisfied with that ending. I hate that it kind of stops in the middle of the action, and chalks the whole thing up to not really knowing if the children dreamed it all.

AllieOop

Post by AllieOop »

We grew up listening to the Cinnamon Bear back in the 1950's. My son was able to hear it in Spokane during the 1970's. I lost track of it until the 1990's and found a man in the Tri-Cities, WA, who had recorded numerous radio programs and I bought a cassette tape set from him. Then, onward to a cd... I am so glad there are others who remember the show. I am still amazed there is still a recording of the men who came up with this show. Merry Christmas. Oh, and it was not until I got those tapes that I heard the first few episodes...we only had one radio and Dad came first....

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

AllieOop wrote:
Sat Dec 25, 2021 10:07 pm
We grew up listening to the Cinnamon Bear back in the 1950's. My son was able to hear it in Spokane during the 1970's. I lost track of it until the 1990's and found a man in the Tri-Cities, WA, who had recorded numerous radio programs and I bought a cassette tape set from him. Then, onward to a cd... I am so glad there are others who remember the show. I am still amazed there is still a recording of the men who came up with this show. Merry Christmas. Oh, and it was not until I got those tapes that I heard the first few episodes...we only had one radio and Dad came first....
Thank you so much for sharing your memories!