Magic Island

This is the place to talk about anything and everything old time radio.
Kitty

Re: Magic Island

Post by Kitty »

I think she sounds exactly like Pat! It's very strange that they did that, you know, changed her voice at the last handful of episodes. She could have just learned their dialect instead of her voice changing all together.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

Her voice sounds similar to Pat's, but a little younger and deeper. Yes, that would have been more realistic and interesting to hear her change gradually, though it might have been a tough assignment for the voice actress. But that sudden drastic change is what makes me think they might have changed personnel.

Where are you now?

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I'm still at 113. I am going to start it back up today!
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

"I've never seen something move so fast but last week's pay!" :lol: I'm on 120 and moving!

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

On episode 121 when the sergeant asked for Joan's autograph. That was so cute. And his story as to why was really sweet. I loved that.

donnie

Post by donnie »

Yes, that was.
Kitty wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:37 pm
"I've never seen something move so fast but last week's pay!" :lol: I'm on 120 and moving!
I remember hearing that line fly by, but forgot who said it. :)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I think it was someone when they were on the road in California.
I am finished! I feel like that show could have gone on for a sequel!
I liked Johnson's voice, too. He's got that radio announcer or newscaster voice that is very pleasant to hear.

donnie

Post by donnie »

I'm only through 124. Will listen some more tonight, probably. I liked Johnson's voice, too. It sounds pleasant, but a little unusual because all his words are formed in the front of his mouth.

donnie

Post by donnie »

Done! That was certainly a surprising turn of events with G47 at the end, wasn't it? I don't think his peaceful "transformation" is too believable, considering how disdainful and threatening he was to them at the beginning. And it's certainly ironic that the young people are now going to be taking courses at the college, considering that they've just been in a life-and-death battle against the Euclidians for months.

The Euclidians also gave up their plans for world dominion awfully easily. :lol: Oh, well. It's nice that things came to a satisfying conclusion, anyway.

Considering a sequel, one of Pat's lines seems to be hinting at that in the last episode—but I guess they never made one. Too bad! I thoroughly enjoyed this series—thanks for discovering it! :D

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

It was a lot of fun to listen and share it with you! I'm going to find another series to listen to if you're up for it.