Claudia

This is the place to talk about anything and everything old time radio.
Kitty

Re: Claudia

Post by Kitty » Mon May 13, 2019 2:02 pm

It drives my crazy that their name is Naughton. It almost always sounds like everyone is saying Norton. Argh!!! 😵😂🤓

I'm through episode 208. I'm pleased to see that there are almost 389 episodes. Somehow I got it mixed up and thought there were only 289!

Also, a couple episodes ago David said he is 30.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie » Mon May 13, 2019 4:09 pm

That's interesting—I didn't figure David as being quite that old. So there's an eleven year difference then! Yes, I have the same reaction to the name. It does sound like the typical New York pronunciation of Norton. :)

donnie

Post by donnie » Fri May 17, 2019 10:16 pm

I'm through No. 173. A couple of things on the "guest" voice actors: the one who plays Mr. Warren in No. 152 sounds strangely reminiscent of the one who plays Santa in The Cinnamon Bear. I'm sure it's probably not the same one, but he reminds me of him. And how about the W.C. Fields clone parking attendant in No. 161? :lol:

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Fri May 17, 2019 11:30 pm

I remember someone sounding like the snowman in Cinnamon Bear. I'll have to go back to re-listen to that one to be sure.

The parking attendant was weird!
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)