Match Your Mood

Commercials from old time radio or television.
Kitty

Match Your Mood

Post by Kitty »

A promotional film for Westinghouse refrigerators and their wallpaper... Shall we say fridgepaper coverings. It's groovy! I first saw this on TCM between movies.

https://youtu.be/iJS0HdBh0RE
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Mrs. Danvers

Re: Match Your Mood

Post by Mrs. Danvers »

First off I must say....Yes that's exactly how I always dressed to go walking in the woods and feed Geese. Then I let my mind wander off into day dreams of exciting new groovy fridge coverings.

Last time I changed shelf paper I got my groove on just like the hip chick in this commercial does, although it was the sticky back kind and if I got to gyrating too much the paper would get stuck on my arm.

I don't remember this commercial, but it seems like something my mom would have liked, I mean the fridge coverings.
We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!

donnie

Post by donnie »

Mrs. Danvers wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:48 am
First off I must say....Yes that's exactly how I always dressed to go walking in the woods and feed Geese. Then I let my mind wander off into day dreams of exciting new groovy fridge coverings.

Last time I changed shelf paper I got my groove on just like the hip chick in this commercial does, although it was the sticky back kind and if I got to gyrating too much the paper would get stuck on my arm..
:lol: You should have had a career as a comic, Mrs. D. Maybe you did have a career as a comic?

That is one groovy promo. You forget just how weird the 60's really were until you see something like this. :D

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

:lol: I agree with Donnie, Danvers! You're hilarious!
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Mrs. Danvers

Post by Mrs. Danvers »

Thank you guys, I'm flattered you like my silliness and I so agree the 60's were very weird. Just watch Laugh In a few times, it gives you a good feel of how asinine things were.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Mrs. Danvers wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:04 am
Thank you guys, I'm flattered you like my silliness and I so agree the 60's were very weird. Just watch Laugh In a few times, it gives you a good feel of how asinine things were.
I had a Laugh-In record album, but it was so worn that I could barely understand what they were saying. I was surprised at some of the things that I could understand on there. The things they used to say would never be allowed today. Some would create serious backlash.

Mrs. Danvers

Post by Mrs. Danvers »

Lots of really not so funny off color jokes.

donnie

Post by donnie »

I would have thought anything that was on Laugh-In would be tame, by today's standards. I don't remember anything beyond just slightly risqué jokes, though it's been quite awhile since I've seen any of it. (Or maybe as a kid I just didn't get some of the underlying meaning.) Do you mean humor that wouldn't be politically correct today?

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:16 pm
I would have thought anything that was on Laugh-In would be tame, by today's standards. I don't remember anything beyond just slightly risqué jokes, though it's been quite awhile since I've seen any of it. (Or maybe as a kid I just didn't get some of the underlying meaning.) Do you mean humor that wouldn't be politically correct today?
Yes, the one joke I am talking about was a black joke that surprised me. I don't remember the specifics of the joke, though.

donnie

Post by donnie »

Yes, I think people were not as easily offended with jokes involving race back then. Many lines that were accepted in fun by black and white alike would be no-no's now—rather surprising, since that was just at the tail end of the strife of the civil rights movement.