Food Commercials

Commercials from old time radio or television.
Kitty

Re: Food Commercials

Post by Kitty »

Those are so cute! 🌟
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I thought this was pretty cool. Note the unusual for today shape of the box, and, hey, did you know there is a mustang in the box??????? :lol:
1965 Post Rice Krinkles
https://youtu.be/Zs-P_u7taMI
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

I had forgotten about those little toys they used to put in. Yes, the box is unusual. Nabisco Shredded wheat used to come in one kind of like that, but a little smaller still.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:28 pm
I had forgotten about those little toys they used to put in. Yes, the box is unusual. Nabisco Shredded wheat used to come in one kind of like that, but a little smaller still.
I still have a spinning top that looks like Tony the tiger. I believe it is still in the wrapping.

donnie

Post by donnie »

Neat. How old is it?

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:40 pm
Neat. How old is it?
Oh, not too old. Maybe late 90s or early 2000s. It's probably the last time I ever saw a toy in a box.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

This one is a Hamm's Beer commercial. Until 2 minutes ago, I've never heard of this brand. The significance of this is that Laurel and Hardy footage was used for it. The strange thing about it, though, ..... is that the footage isn't even of silent film. It's from a 1937 comedy Way Out West. SO weird! But why? I wonder if this commercial even generated any sales.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjGf9wL2eEc

donnie

Post by donnie »

Yes, that is strange. And I doubt if it generated much in the way of sales!

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

https://youtu.be/f-8rcPOs9r4
Check out this great commercial for the McMuffin with Megan Mullally and John Goodman before they were famous. 1983

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I think of this commercial every time my hair sticks up. :lol: Funny how things stick with you, don't you think?
McDonald's Bad Hair Day
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9qOT8A8tjU