Coffee Ads

Commercials from old time radio or television.
donnie

Re: Coffee Ads

Post by donnie »

This one is kind of strange—and sexist—but funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZjXm_1wgG4

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Nothing at all wrong with being a housewife, mind you, but this one kind of amused me. "I guess that's why I'll always be a Maxwell Housewife..." saw this on the July 1, 1971 Carson.

https://youtu.be/onc74Vdq5S8
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

My, that one's dated, isn't it? But the coffee's not. As a matter of fact... I'm drinking some Maxwell House RIGHT NOW. :D :db:

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:23 am
My, that one's dated, isn't it? But the coffee's not. As a matter of fact... I'm drinking some Maxwell House RIGHT NOW. :D :db:
You must be one of those Maxwell Househusbands! :lol: 😂
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

Kitty wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:50 am
You must be one of those Maxwell Househusbands! :lol: 😂
All right, let's examine this.
I do drink Maxwell House...
And I'm a husband...
So by technical definition...
I'm one! :D :db: :db:

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Max Pax makes coffee a sure thing! Precursor to the Keurig cups?

I only have one question... She served Max Pax coffee to guests before she even tried it? How do you do that without first making sure it wasn't nasty?
https://youtu.be/uE7m8JJ_7jw

donnie

Post by donnie »

That's a new one for me. I've seen Maxwell House in filter bags for Bunn Restaurant type machines, but had not heard of Max-Pax. It was marketed in the early '70's, according to Wikipedia.

Here's another Max-Pax one, this time with Richard Kline, who went on to play on the sitcom Three's Company.

PS I'm drinking Maxwell House right now. But then I'm always drinking Maxwell House. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5koJ7fMTYw

donnie

Post by donnie »

A cool vintage Max-Pax mug.
It's yours at the big river place for $99.99. :) (Plus tax and S&H. ;))
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-11-05 at 9.03.17 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-05 at 9.03.17 AM.png (209.84 KiB) Viewed 3892 times

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:23 pm
A cool vintage Max-Pax mug.
It's yours at the big river place for $99.99. :) (Plus tax and S&H. ;))
Cute, but no.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:48 am

Here's another Max-Pax one, this time with Richard Kline, who went on to play on the sitcom Three's Company.
Cool!! Yeah, these commercials are coming from the 1972 episodes of Carson, so your information is in line with the facts. ☺️

I loved Three's Company. I've seen every episode. I liked the Roepers, but I also LOVE Don Knotts. We watched every episode of Three's A Crowd, too. That show didn't have the same charm as the original, though.

About the ad, that's a weird one. Was it really that hard to make good coffee back then?