Remington

Commercials from old time radio or television.
Kitty

Remington

Post by Kitty »

These commercials appeared in different forms on What's My Line. I wonder whatever happened to these puppets? The Four Shavians for Remington Shavers.
https://youtu.be/tZeJZ4SBRzE
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Re: Remington

Post by donnie »

That's a really good barbershop quartet, whoever they were. And the puppets are done by Bil Baird. The way I know his name is from the musical from the 60's, The Sound of Music. If you've ever seen that, there is a scene where the children put on a show with marionettes, and that was his work. I remember seeing his name in credits.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Ohhhhh! Wow!! Now that I think of it, those puppets do look similar in face to the Sound of Music ones! Neat bit of information! I like it! 🙂
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

Yes, they do have the same style of faces. And speaking of Remington commercials, here is a famous one from the 70's that is a little unusual because the head CEO of the company is doing the commercial. I imagine they sold a lot of razors with these ads.
I liked the shaver so much I bought the company - Remington Ad 1979
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf22bddvLnc

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Ooh! That one was cool!

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Try the new Remington Rollectric!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bYfijyD8ZY

donnie

Post by donnie »

Aww, I hated to see that guy shave his beatnik-style van dyck off. :( The speed he got that off is a little hard to believe. I've got a full beard, but still have to occasionally shave down beneath it in the neck area, and it takes about twenty times that long to get those tough whiskers off, and with a good electric. Maybe I needed a Rolletric. :)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

The Remington Auto Home Shaver. Even shave in your car while its being washed! I have a feeling that a 1 minute car wash by hand doesn't really do the trick. And I can just imagine the stray hair shavings that must cover that front seat!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0jsDCAih2A

donnie

Post by donnie »

:lol: You can't get a car clean in one minute, nor a decent shave with an electric razor in one minute. Electrics have their advantages, but you do have to go over and over and over to get all the whiskers off. Most electric shavers now collect the whiskers inside for later cleanout. I don't know if they did back then.