See the USA in your Chevrolet!

Commercials from old time radio or television.
Kitty

See the USA in your Chevrolet!

Post by Kitty »

Chevrolet was the sponsor for The Dinah Shore Show. Here she is presenting it! I love the kiss at the end. It just makes me so happy to see this commercial. Doesn't it make you want a Chevy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boertpylK0M
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Re: See the USA in your Chevrolet!

Post by donnie »

The car looks rather humously dumpy after that big build up at the beginning. :lol: (Not that I don't like it.) Yes, the song does make you want to drive a Chevy. They were still using this song in commercials up in the 60's, I believe.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:51 pm
The car looks rather humously dumpy after that big build up at the beginning. :lol:
:lol: your comment made me giggle. I definitely pointed to it and showed my husband. What an odd looking car compared to the ones we are used to now!
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

Yes, it has a quaint attractiveness, but the advertising copy she's reading seems to picture it as something sleek, steamlined, and elegant, and it sure sure looks anything but to our eyes. Isn't it odd how views of styles change?

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

It is! That's why I love learning about old pop culture. It's almost like learning about a different species! ☺️☺️

donnie

Post by donnie »

Kitty wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:06 pm
It is! That's why I love learning about old pop culture. It's almost like learning about a different species! ☺️☺️
Yes, it's those little details of life, how people saw things, how they talked, their habits, the products they used... that's what makes old movies,magazines, etc., so fascinating.

I've often wondered why some of us have such a strong fascination for this kind of thing, and other people could care less (the poor souls!)