Shampoo plus Egg

Commercials from old time radio or television.
Kitty

Shampoo plus Egg

Post by Kitty »

Try Helene... Curtis... Shampoo plus Egg! I'll be humming this for who knows how long, now! :lol:
https://youtu.be/cG-UspG5ElI
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Re: Shampoo plus Egg

Post by donnie »

That was a pretty interesting idea, getting the author of The Egg and I to do the commercial.

You know, the women's hairstyles of the 50's never struck me as very attractive. There were some nice styles in the 40's and 60's, but the 50's hairstyles were just really drab and dull and ugly, to me. Apparently a lot of people didn't agree. :-) What do you think?

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I've never really thought about it! I'll pay more attention to the 50s and get back to you. The 40s had some lovely 'dos and the 60s had some weird ones, although very popular. Example: Mrs Brady. Not very becoming at all!

Edit: I guess Florence Henderson was more 70s, although the show started in 1969.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

I would agree Florence Henderson's hairdo wasn't that attractive. The early 60's hairstyles (at least some of them) were kind of nice. I guess some of the 50s ones were ok. It's that kind of Mamie Eisenhower type of style that was so common that I don't think is that attractive (not that I mean to diss Mamie :D ).
Attachments
Mamie_Eisenhower_color_photo_portrait,_White_House,_May_1954.jpg
Mamie_Eisenhower_color_photo_portrait,_White_House,_May_1954.jpg (942.86 KiB) Viewed 3841 times
Last edited by donnie on Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I just looked that up, and you're right. It's way too far back and piled in the front of the head. Weird!