Your favorite commercial?

Commercials from old time radio or television.
Kitty

Re: Your favorite commercial?

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:22 pm

The background music is strange (though I'm probably the only one who ever noticed the background music).
I didn't!! :lol:
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I was looking up info on Speedy, and this is the first thing that popped up!! My beloved Buster Keaton in Alka-Seltzer commercials! They're funny, too! My favorite part is when Speedy says 'and you know what they say....' and Buster answers with something that has nothing to do with Alka-Seltzer. Totally made my mid-day! :lol:
https://youtu.be/qTT1TSdWjkQ

P.S. I didn't even realize until I read about Speedy (who was introduced in 1951) that he is made up of an Alka-Seltzer tablet body and another as a hat. Sometimes it's funny the things that I don't notice the first time around!
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

Those are great! I've seen Speedy, but I don't think I've ever seen these with Buster.
I wonder who does Speedy's voice? It's very distinctive. I wonder if it is sped-up.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I saw that while I was looking up the info. From the abc news announcement:
Dick Beals, the man who provided the voice for the commercial character Speedy Alka-Seltzer and originated the voice of Gumby and the first Davey from the TV series "Davey and Goliath," died Tuesday in Vista, Calif., the Los Angeles Times reported. He was 85.Jun 1, 2012.

donnie

Post by donnie »

Ah, I knew that voice sounded familiar. I don't remember what Davey's voice sounded like, though I used to watch that show. Do you like Gumby? I used to love to watch him. (Actually still do. :oops: :D ) And I used to have a poseable (pose-able?) Gumby and Poky when I was a kid.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I think I had a Gumby doll, though I'm not sure if I've seen a full episode. I had a DVD at one point, not sure if it's still there. I'll check him out soon to make a decision!

donnie

Post by donnie »

Classic Luckies tobacco auctioneer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8wyqIKYqxc

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Those old ads are interesting. It's amazing that something so bad for you (and they knew it back then, too) was advertised in the way you'd advertise a pack of gum or a snack food!

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Here's another that I saw on I've Got A Secret! I like this fun song about Adorn.

https://youtu.be/mvv-Y75LHR0

donnie

Post by donnie »

:) I'll bet that commercial sold a lot of Adorn.